Thursday, June 5, 2008

Try New Things!

So here goes my first blog! I was talking to one of my clients today and I told her that I am taking tap from my brother. She was amazed and told me that she wanted to take something like that. I was thinking about me and who I am... I have to say I hate "traditional" education. You know the kind that you have to sit and listen to someone drone on and on and then you are tested on what that person thinks is important. You just have to regurgitate what they said in the hours that you sat and listened (or in my case, doodled and made really pretty letters or flowers on what should be my notes!) Anyways, I have to say that in my adult years I can honestly say that I strive to constantly learn new things that will help me be more fascinating to myself! My newest love is Tap! I have to say that it is the hardest thing to know how to transfer feet and to keep the rhythm and to not fall flat on my face and still make that flap, slap, shuffle or hop with the rest of the class! Josh is always saying to the class to make sure that you keep your arms natural and to not get the dreaded "tap Claw" (this is where you are concentrating so hard on your feet that all of a sudden your hands contort into claws) Last week I was finally getting the moves but could literally feel my hands contort into the claws and then rub against one another, Josh caught me and pointed it out to the class... Guess what without the crutch of the claw I couldn't get my dang feet to do what I needed! So aggravating! My point to whoever reads this is to let you know that i love to learn and hope that you will always want to learn yourselves! If you want to comment on what you want to learn I would love to hear... I Just might steal it though and try it myself! I'm Off to TAP!!!!

1 comment:

The Adams Family said...

I want to learn about you and I am so glad you finally got this up and running!!! It's about time!

Kimmie