Friday, June 6, 2008

I Can!

So today I was talking with my dear friend Karen who happens to be one of my lifes greatest cheerleaders. I really don't know what I would do without her kind and encouraging words but the basic drift of a long conversation was that we need to be positive in our thoughts to ourselves. She is reading a book that is helping her to see a positive way of thinking and for me I came to my own conclusion on a long trip to Elko Nevada when my grandmother passed. I had 24 hours in the van with the family to think about who I am and who I have become and I realize that the 2 people didn't quite meet up. I realized that i had a lot to change and it really all started in my head. I no longer am going to berate myself for all my many shortcomings instead I have changed my mantra to I AM WORTH IT! So no more selling myself short and no more looking down! I realized that the reason for this is that I need to pass on to my posterity, be it my nephews, my neice or my own kids some day down the road, that they can do anything and be anything that they want. The truth of the matter is that I can be and do anything I want! I read an amazing quote today and I just want to post it here so that I can remember it always! We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better,“ J.K. Rowlings
s

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love you. You are AMAZING Nicomi that is for sure.

The Adams Family said...

I love Comi Jean, not too many people measure up.

Kimmie