Friday, July 4, 2008

I love the 4th of July!

LONG MAY YOU WAVE
so this is us sitting right off the Ocean Beach Pier and chilling waiting for the beautiful fireworks! Truly the best to be sitting with those you love in a country that you love and to know that you are truly blessed!


one of the reasons I love this country so much is because of this man and woman right here! I love to talk to my grandpa about his time in the navy! He talked about his time on the Saratoga and his duties there and about sitting in New Guinea and hearing washing machine Charlie... the Japanese plane that flew overhead every night. Some of my most vivid memories though are of my grammie taking me to the marine corp base to watch the parades and the bands that would walk by... to this day every time I hear drums beating it brings tears to my eyes and I am proud to say that I am American! I didn't realize it but my grandma does the same thing! But I am eternally grateful for the armed forces and all that they do!










Annie and Charlotte came to partake of some amazing burgers and some good times filled with family and friends! Charlotte was so patriotic and cute with stars and ruffles and the cutest hat any kid could wear!



Joel and I cheezin it up... I can't believe he actually smiled normal!








the day started off with us getting up and going to church for a yummy breakfast that the boy scouts put on! Michael asked if he needed money and not thinking about it I reply no... what do you know but as soon as we get off the elevator and turn the corner we see the donation container... lucky I had 4 dollars in my purse and we were all embarrassed as we handed in a dollar and watched as Tzenni-bah gave all the change she had on her! Then I got to watch Jackson and get some good love time in on him... that is until dumb Michael swooped in with his charm and stole the love time away... Kim did warn me but Michael charmed yet another kid away from thinking his auntie is the best!

1 comment:

The Egg Basket said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Happy 4th, Coms!