Thursday, January 15, 2009

the joys of the d.m.v.

my liscense plate tags were expired...so after various wrangling with the main office in sacramento i decided that i was done with the mail correspondence and got up really early and got down to the d.m.v. in hillcrest. as i got in and got my number, B21, i went to go sit down and patiently wait for my number. i sat there and various thoughts came to mind...
1.the d.m.v makes me itch. even just thinking about it i have to scratch my head.
2. i wonder when i am going to have to wash my hair to get rid of any lice that i caught from the various strangers sitting by me.
3. the chairs are TOOOOO close together and I don't like sitting on a strangers lap.
4. i don't speak spanish, tagalog, french or any other language, so its not that fun to sit and decifer what the crap is being said in the moments of uncomfortableness when you are sitting on top of each other.
5. i don't like to get hit in the head with purses diaper bags or briefcases.
6.i wonder why the place has to be so sterile and laugh as we all sit there with blank faces and try to avoid eye contact with anyone.
7.i feel like i am trapped in the movie beetlejuice.
8. everytime the voice came on i thought it was funny that everyone would look down praying that it was your number.
9. finally getting called is the BEST feeling in the world and you feel like a true winner with someone yelling "come on down, nicomi"
10 scrambling to get to the counter before they give up on you and push for some other ticket to get there.
11. you better PRAY you have all the documents whether they be something obscure or something obvious... or else you will be trapped in a never ending hell as the clerk looks at your very frustrated face and with glee in their hearts they send you scurrying for some other piece of paper filed in some other place that you have to remember!

2 comments:

The Adams Family said...

I also hate the DMV but I am loving your discription!
Kim

The Egg Basket said...

It's true. You see the craziest people when you're at the DMV. Like when I had to get my stolen licence replaced last summer and wouldn't you know it, Kimmie was there on the same day (completely random timing) to get her new married name licence. Scary people, I tell you. Truly frightening.