Sunday, January 18, 2009

DESPERATE!

so kim and marne aren't the only people desperate to get their hair cut! so here's the thing... my hair was driving me crazy... it was so unhealthy and broken that i refused to straighten it because i knew that i would sit and pick at all the broken ends. today, as i was sitting at family dinner and the crowd was thinning out i couldn't take it anymore and told my mom that she was going to cut my hair! i went out to my car and grabbed my scissors (i had them in case joel or shannon wanted a cut) came in and started sectioning my hair. I sat on the chair and the flashbacks of youth started running in my head... whenever my mom would get her hands on my head i would end up in the bathroom crying... I sucked it up and started explaining exactly how i wanted it... 90 degrees out of my head with your fingers at a 45 degree angle... cut on the inside of your fingers... when she and my sister (who i wrangled into staying to support me) were able to decipher what i was saying, held our breaths and the cut started. I walked her through it, while i held a mirror and nesha held another, i watched and told her exactly how to do it... the first cut they were nervous but i looked at it and told them it was perfect. they moved through and did an amazing job! I had her deep point cut into my hair and as i sat there and explained they looked at me like i was crazy, they did it and then brushed it out... they both had a look on their faces that said that, ooooh she does know what she is talking about! nesha eventually unlocked her nervous death grip on the mirror and my mom was able to put away the scissors and comb without me wailing in the bathroom! i can say now that at least i do know what i am doing and even though my mom did the classic one side longer than the other, i could fix it and i just need you to know that I AM CUTE!
the end

3 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Wow, maybe I should have my mom cut my hair... oh wait, I've already tried that. Not pretty.

Family Neiman said...

yay claire!

Nesha said...

Hey! I was absolutely essential to that cut! Mom kept getting the angles wrong. I'm sure glad it was her doing the cutting and not me, although it probably wouldn't be the first time I made my sister cry. . .

My knuckles still hurt from my nervous death grip on the mirror!