Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thank Goodness TODAY IS DONE!

Yeah to the right to stand up and to vote the way we each choose! I am thankful to live in a country that can choose who we want to lead... I am also thankful to have the opportunity to vote in this exact election! I got up and hurried down to O.B. to vote afraid that I would be stuck in long lines, walked right in and voted the way I felt was right. I also want to remember this election for years to come... Not necessarily the canidates but the issues and how it feels to be an American right now. I am scared, feel unsure, feel like my free agency and the way I want to live is under direct attack, wonder, amazement that in all likelyhood the first African American is going to hold office as the leader of the free world... That is freakin' cool. It proves that really anything can be done. But that same line is absolutely terrifying... Rights are easily taken and that is the feeling that scares me. I am curious to see what the future will hold for all of us... I do know that I can make a difference and that I also need to make sure to get out there and help to make the world around me better. Who knows just what will be achieved in the next day, the next year, the next 4 years... But here is to Ride of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Family Neiman said...

Amen! I am so glad today is here!

The Adams Family said...

I was also excited to vote this year... and was glad when I didn't have to wait in a long line.
Kim