Wednesday, May 18, 2011

i married a fisherman.

When people found out i was dating/married to a fisherman, their first question to me is a very snarky question of "so you must LOVE fish."


The answer is a heartfelt NO I actually don't really enjoy fish. There are a couple of reasons why i don't like it. The bones, I can guarantee that i will be the ONLY one to get one. They cause me to gag.


I think my aversion to fish started because of my grandma feeding me some awful freezer burned nasty salmon that was caught before i was born. (you think i am kidding... I am not!) that was over done or not done enough. She also would bring up canned salmon that even thinking of it gives me the shivers.


The other reason is growing up in the house with Joel caused me to always be around trout... There was always some (again) freezer burned fish in the freezer... I just thought it was gross. So i made up my mind that I didn't like fish.


Then I married a freakin' fisherman.


I can have all the fresh fish i could handle.

He knows how if feels and he didn't push me. He brought home Ling Cod, and my sister cooked some up and shared the recipe with me telling me that it was the worlds best fish.


Well if Nesha likes it, by golly i will put on my big girl panties and cook some up for my husband.


So here is my attempt.

Can I just tell you that It is the best fish in the world... NOT FISHY AT ALL!!!

It was so good that had to have a second spear of it and then to top it off i had to steal some off of Manny's plate.


She likes it, She REALLY likes it!

The whole meal of cod, wild rice and artichokes... YUMMY!



4 comments:

SD Fiddlers said...

Great job stepping out of that comfort zone! Recipe to follow?

Julie said...

Yumm looks delicious, I need to come to dinner!

Family Neiman said...

yeah i need that recipe. i hate fish, and dave is always sad that i don't cook it.

btw.... big girl panties... LOL!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Dang! That looks sooo good! That's no fair; I want some!
Tate