Monday, December 29, 2008

i love walking on the beach




i got to go walk on the beach with one of the people that can make me laugh no matter what my mood is because i know that trouble is usually around the corner with him! aaron and i went just down the street from my house after church and walked up and down solana beach area... as we were walking back he says he wanted to climb the cliff... i told him i wanted to take a picture of him climbing under the sign that says to stay back from the unstable cliff walls. the first attempt he went and figured out the wall and his shoes were too wet. the second attempt was me trying and i do mean to say it was a sorry attempt at trying to boost him up...i boosted him a whole whopping foot off the ground and grunted "are you up yet?" yeah, not even close! the third attempt was the successful one where he climbed up my body first on my leg next on my shoulder! the moral of this story, when its a dumb idea, nicomi will succeed or help others along the way! as i sat down below snapping pictures i thought to myself, what if this wall decided that right now was the time to fall and I just helped him get up there, not to mention the fact that i am down below this rock... when he jumped down, i gave an inward sigh of relief! we both said that we wished we could have gotten a picture of the two of us trying to climb that wall! we walked down to the tide pools and i saw 4 very large anenomes, i have to say that i sat and stared at the inside of 2 of them... i have never seen such an amazing teal (the color of gangrine) as i saw in the center of these amazing creatures that we mean humans like to poke. the variations of the color were beautiful and something that i am glad that i got to see in my life. I am amazed by the simple things in this life and thankful for these glimpses of things that take my breath away!

1 comment:

Family Neiman said...

you and aaron are out of control. out of control! leave it to aaron to want to climb an unstable cliff in his church clothes, and for you to give him a boost doing it!