Sunday, September 7, 2008

WELCOME HOME!

Sorry that its taken a long time to actually blog but I have to say i am done with the packing wrapping, bending, twisting, lifting, sweating, crying, stressing, painting, pinning, cutting, thinking, sewing, stretching, and dreaming about sleep! Here is the past 3 weeks and all the stress that comes with taking a big leap and moving!

Welcome to my humble abode!







My bed obviously! This was the hardest thing to place in the room in order to make the most room and also not be the centerpiece to the room!!! It got placed in the dormer window and i have to say I love it here... You don't walk in and just see my huge bed! I have a definite bedroom area and a little sitting area! I was sitting on the couch and thought to myself this place is soooo darn CUTE!





I am glad that my kitchen has enough room for a table! So now people can come over and not eat in my bedroom! And we can play some games!!!






My Gourmet Kitchen! I plan on making this the future center of my diet!


















my office alcove! the computer can't go here because it doesn't get any reception!







OK, when I agreed to move in and hadn't seen the place i didn't realize that the kitchen literally didn't have any counter space... I guess that is what a kitchenette is! I thought, if there is no counter space i will definitely be eating out all the time and there will go any weight that i lost out the door! I found this really cool island at Crate and Barrel and had my friend Mark come over (who by the way is my hero and made a difficult time soooo much easier!) and help me assemble this monster! When we bought it we were told that it was the hardest piece to put together but I didn't have the urge to whack the pieces together and hardly any temper flares that things weren't working!



















This striped fabric is the back of the pillows and inside of the couch! I surprised myself that I liked the 2 fabrics together and think that its fun and funky and different enough that it can belong in my place and say to people come and sit on me and enjoy some peace and comfort! You can then say back to my couch "Ok, Let my cheeks meet you!" and plop on down!

So here is the new slipcover that I made... it took me 3 days to finish. Not toooo bad for having never done anything like it in my life. I got the material in the remnant section at the fabric store, so needless to say it is 3 different fabrics but it looks pretty great in my opinion!








3 comments:

Family Neiman said...

Love the finished slipcover! And yes, I will be playing Clue Museum Mystery Caper at that table shortly!

The Adams Family said...

Love it!!! It looks really great Comi, I glad it has turned out so well. Can't wait to come and see it in person.
Kimmie

The Egg Basket said...

Hey Coms, my cheeks just told me to let you know that they can't wait to come and meet your new slip cover!

Oh, and I like where the tv ended up. So are you showering and peeing freely yet, or what??? ;)